Monday, September 13, 2010

Fish Curry

I've decided to move my day-by-day primal blueprint challenge log over to the forum at Mark's Daily Apple. I think this would be a better place for recipes and general thoughts on primal/paleo life rather than the mundane daily diary.

So, I would like to share one of my favorite recipes. It's yummy and super easy to make after work.

Fish Curry

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
5 cloves garlic
1/4 can coconut milk
1/2 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 lb fish (I've tried salmon, cod, and flounder)
4 t whatever spices you like (I like 2 t cumin, 1 t chili powder, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t hot paprika, 1 t cinnamon)
Fresh basil or green onions or cilantro

1. Heat pan to medium high. Heat oil. Saute garlic briefly in olive oil.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on medium about 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
3. Add basil or green onions or cilantro immediately before serving.

Serve over spinach or thinly sliced, sauteed zucchini strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment